Gluten Free Brownies
We love brownies. Who doesn’t!? I realize they can be the subject of great debate. Must it be fudge-y or cake-y? I say it must only be chocolate–y.
I made these for the first time for my son’s birthday party. It was a special request. We expect a little celebratory sugar on birthdays but I cringe at gluten because of the inflammatory responses we have to the sugar, gluten combo. Guests were thrilled to know they were gluten free as well! You wouldn’t know by their look, taste or texture!
Seriously, friends…they are decadent.
I have tried all kinds of brownies over the years. Brownie bites, brownie hummus, vegan brownies, black bean brownies, boxed brownies, brookies…you name it!
While eating a failed brownie experiment with friends I commented that I had never met a brownie I didn’t like. My daughter’s sweet friend retorted , “I have!”. “Really? What was it like?” I asked. “Burnt and hard as a rock.” I guess there are unlikable brownies.
Don’t you just love the crisp top layer of a brownie?
WARNING: These are not healthy and should be consumed responsibly.
CAVEAT: When you have sweets in moderation please be sure you ENJOY it. Guilt and condemnation can be more toxic than occasional sweets.
The process is simple. It’s a one pot wonder then into the baking dish. Simplifying dish duty one brownie at a time.
Ingredients for Amazing GF Brownies:
- 2 sticks of Salted Butter
- 3 c. Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Dark Cocoa
- 1 TB Vanilla Extract
- 7 Eggs (room temp)
- 1 1/2 c. GF 1 to 1 Flour *I’ve used Bob’s and KA’s
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips for Sprinkling * We love ENJOY Life’s and Lily’s
Baby hands helping Mama! We made a mess. Then they “cleaned” the pot.
How to Make Gluten Free Brownies:
- Melt butter until just melted. Think warm not hot.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Don’t overwhisk. Less than 50 strokes is ideal.
- Add GF Flour, Salt and Baking Powder. I like to gently distribute the salt and baking powder into the flour (while in the pot) before whisking into wet ingredients.
- After whisking until combined, pour into greased 13×9 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake @ 350 for 40-45 min.
- You will know they are done when there is spring back in the center and no jiggle.